Making it a point to drink more water isn’t something that will happen overnight. However, it plays a big role in maintaining weight and a healthy digestive system. Drinking more water has many benefits.
- Increased Energy – Our bodies are made up of more than 60% water. We need water to function. Depleting your body of this natural fuel can result in increased tiredness and fatigue.
- Decreased Pain – Dehydration can also lead to sore muscles. You muscles need water to work. By drinking more water you’re less likely to feel the pain of sore muscles.
- Healthy Digestive Track – Drinking more water allows for smooth digestion.
- Bloating – Water actually decreases bloating. Drinking calorie filled sodas, beer, concentrated juices and other unhealthy fluids makes it hard for our bodies to cleanse itself from all the harmful ingredients. Try drinking water if you’re feeling bloated. It can help clean and purify your body.
- Hungry? Drink Water! Sometimes our bodies trick us. You may think you’re hungry but your body may need water. Have a tall glass of water to see if it cures your hunger. You may be surprised.
Now that you know the benefits to drinking more water, let’s figure out how to incorporate it in our daily life.
- Set a daily goals. Small goals prove to be the best because they are easily achievable. Ideas to get you started:
- Buy a waterbottle if you don’t already own one. When you’re at a stop, or filling up your fuel tank, fill up your water bottle, too. This will save you a lot of money. Celadon will happily provide Celadon drivers or Celadon admin with a free water bottle upon request.
- Replace one drink a day with water instead of what you’d normally drink. Instead of going for your third pop of the day, grab a water. Slowly decrease your sugary beverage intake.
- Carry a pack of water with you in your truck! These can be refilled, too. Now you’re saving money and saving the environment.
Drinking more water doesn’t happen over night. Take small steps. It doesn’t take long to reap the benefits of drinking more water. Start today.
If you have any tips to add to this post, or want to share how drinking more water has improved your health use the comment section below.